Cranberry-Chocolate Hanukkah Kugel
Kugel for Hanukkah? by Gretchen Everin, a grandmother makes an unusual-for-the-holiday sweet treat for her granddaughter to eat. Young readers can snack on the rich, dairy kugel even as they enjoy the book.
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Hanukkah Kugel
Makes 8-10 servings
8 oz. egg noodles, uncooked
4 large eggs
1/3 c. granulated sugar
1 c. sour cream
1 c. cottage cheese, pureed in a blender or food processor
½ tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1/3 c. chocolate chips
1/3 c. dried cranberries
2 Tbsp. butter
- Ask an adult to help you make Hanukkah Kugel.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter the inside of a large casserole dish or 9×9-inch pan.
- In a large pot, boil egg noodles, according to package directions.
- In the meantime, mix eggs, sugar, sour cream, cottage cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, chocolate chips, and cranberries in a medium bowl.
- Drain egg noodles and add to the mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into casserole dish and bake for one hour or until the kugel pulls away from the sides of the dish and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cover and refrigerate any uneaten kugel.
Recipe for Hanukkah Kugel from Kugel for Hanukkah? by Gretchen Everin © 2019 appears with the permission of Kar-Ben Publishing www.karben.com